Sunday, July 15, 2007

3 months, 4 weeks, 1 day

 
 

We have had a pretty eventful weekend with Kerala. On Friday, we attended our yoga class. We were super happy to discover that our friend Jessica and her son Gabe were also enrolled. Kerala had a pretty good class - she got a bit fussy after some of the moves, so we sat out a portion of the class. On Saturday, we met one of my old colleagues for brunch - Kerala was wonderful at the restaurant. She only fussed when we were leaving. After brunch we headed over to our friends JT and Tamra's for a bit. Today, Kerala attended her first farmers' market - she was perfect the entire time. We finished up the weekend at my parents' house for dinner.

Kerala has been sleeping really well the last couple of days. For the past two nights she has slept in her crib the entire night (I usually end up bringing her to bed with us if she wakes up past 3am). She still wakes up during the night - but only at 11:00pm, 2:30am and then sometime after 6:30. On Saturday, she took a 2 hour nap in the late afternoon and went to bed so easily. Today, it seemed like she napped the entire day. Troy even got her to go to sleep on her own - I usually rock her to sleep. I don't know if she is getting into more of a routine or a growth spurt - but she definitely seems to be sleeping better. Also, her napping better during the day helps with getting her to bed at night - she normally screams before she goes to bed, but I think that may be because she has been overtired. Finally, I forgot to mention that Kerala has begun to really like her baths. She has been splashing like crazy lately leaving me and the bathroom wall sopping wet. It's been fun to see her go from hating her baths to actually enjoying. I think she is offically ready for water fights - so Jim come back (he claims to be up 2 to 0 against Kerala in water fights).

Tomorrow Kerala turns 4 months - I can't believe it! It's kind of sad because it means I'll be heading back to work soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: